This sumptuous temple has one sole nave, five altars and it’s located on the main square. It was built on the 18th Century, having endured several fires and as many reconstructions. The inside features altarscreens on the “rocaille” style and a set of images from the 18th Century, from the sculptor Machado de Castro.
The cut-glass from the main chapel and baptistery were installed in the 1940’s, from the algarvian painter JoaquimRebocho. Through the sacristy is possible to access the tower, with its two bells and the clock and from there, see the city’s landscape.